|Save & Close
||This button will save the changes and close the Edit Program screen, returning to the Program screen.
||This button will save the changes, while leaving the Edit Program Screen open. It is a good practice to save regularly.
||This button willclose the Edit Program Screen without saving any changes made since the last time it was saved.
||This is the specific name given the program on the original NOA. This is what will appear in the college catalog.
||Select the award a student will receive upon completing theProgram.
||Use this dropdown menu to select the 2 digit family (these are actually the 7th and 8th digits in the CIP code) to filter to the best CIP options.
||Select the appropriate option that identifies the Classification of Instructional Program.
|| Select the appropriate seventh digit. This code is used to designate the intended outcome of a course of study in a particular CIP category. CIP 7 Definitions:
- I = CTE Associate of Applied Science Degree Award
- J = CTE Certificate of Completion Award (1 yr or more, less than 2 yr)
- K = No Formal Award (or College Award)
- L = CTE Certificate of Completion (Less than one-year) Award
- N = Apprenticeship (Associate of Applied Science) Award
- O = Apprenticeship (Certificate of Completion) Award
- W = EST (Employment Skills Training) Award
- Z = Career Pathway Certificate of Completion Award
||Select the approbate eighth digit of the Student Major or Program CIP field. For non-LDC programs, it can be used by the colleges to differentiate program options when the first seven digits of the code are identical.For LDC programs, numbers 1 through 6 have been reserved to identify the major area of interest for a particular LDC course of study.
||Designate the total credits for the program. [NOTE] In order for credit totalsto populate on the Program screen you must add the courses. See below for instructions.
|Business & Industry?
||Indicate if it is a Business and Industry-based (B&I) program (closed
||Designatethe Career Area that the selected programrelates to.This information was the basis for the LMI worksheet and should remain consistent.
||Designate the person of contact. The college contact person must have the college’s authorization to apply for a new program, be prepared to answer questions from the field concerning the proposed program, and be able to address issues related to adverse intersegmental impact and detrimental duplication, if they arise. The college contact person listed is who will be listed on the notification sent to the field. The college contact person is the person readers are instructed to contact if there are questions and typically should be the Chief Academic Officer or PTE Dean.
||Designate the length of the program.
Designate the implementation date. Pay close attention to the time required for the completion of the essential steps/processes:
- Notice of Application.
- Adverse intersegmental impact or detrimental duplication.
- Application process.
- Review by CCWD-EII staff.
- Review by the Commissioner of Community Colleges and Workforce Development.
- Submission to the State Board of Education in concert with their monthly/annual meeting schedule.
- Authorization by the Office of Degree Authorization (ODA).
These dates and time frames may also be critical to catalog printing and scheduling at your college.
||Designate what term the program will be implemented.
||Designate the year the program was implemented.
Provide a program summary. The entry for this section should provide an overview of the proposed program. It should include, at a minimum:
The description should include information that is identical to the ProgramDescription included in theNOA and reflect the same information included in the college catalog and/or website descriptions. Please limit to approximately 300 words.
- Learner outcomes (knowledge and skill to be acquired.)
- Alignment and articulation of these knowledge and skills with secondary and other post secondary educational opportunities.
- How the program “fits” within a career pathway design.
- Career opportunities for students as a result of this education.
- To attach a file, click AttachNew File and the following options appear:
- Click Select to locate the file to attach.
- Click Upload to attach the file to the NOA.
- Click Cancel to exit the Attach File function without saving.
- Click to refresh the list of attached files.
- Use the arrow buttons at the bottom of the section to navigate to other pages and select the number of records displayed per page from the dropdown menu.